Friday, June 29, 2012

Magic Grundle

I couldn't say it with a straight face when I exited the theater but god dammit I meant it: I really liked Magic Mike.

No wax on, only wax off


Steven Soderbergh works his storytelling magic (not a pun) yet again. He does a great job of subtly giving character and plot background and context that he is able to avoid cheesy or drawn out dialogue.  It moves at a good pace and every actor was well cast.

Only 1 dick is shown and it's through a pump so you don't see any veins or hairs or dick-like characteristics. Lots of boobies and lots of men's shaking asses. If I remember correctly I believe there is 1 penis to 7 breasts.

I was squirming awkwardly in my seat for many of the scenes but clearly this was an unconscious bodily defense mechanism because I was thoroughly enjoying myself. Channing was funny and did a solid acting job while performing double duty as producer. I had only heard of Alex Pettyfer from I Am Number Four and Beastly and hadn't seen either. Perez Hilton informed me that he's a dick which used to make me think ill of him. I don't give a shit anymore. He is so gorgeous I'm surprised he hasn't murdered people and gotten away with it. Much of these good vibes can be attributed to the first scene he's in, doing an adorable impression of Arnold Schwartzenager (I'm not going to look up how to spell his name and just assume I nailed it on the first try). So cute and funny and then the asslesss chaps were just the icing on the hairless body cake.

Anyway, girls should definitely go see it. God I can't believe you aren't seeing it right now. Guys, I'm not going to lie, you probably don't want to see this. It's definitely a good movie but there are just so many shots of men bent over and Matty McCon splitting that you'll lose the image of Olivia Munn's boobs from your mental sight.


No comments: